Chicken Alfredo
Diane Peterson, 09/07
Sauté in just a bit of oil 3 chopped up chicken breasts. It only takes a couple minutes. Just get it good and brown.
Take chicken out and put in chopped anything. I use small yellow chopped zucchini-yum- onion, in long skinny slices, pretty red, orange or yellow peppers in long skinny slices, mushrooms, (with the juice, if using canned) etc. Fry them up until they are barely cooked. (I use about 3 zucchini, 2-3 peppers, 2 cans mushrooms.)
2 jars of Alfredo sauce. Wal-Mart’s cheap kind is fine, but Classico is even better, only because it’s less fattening. Ragu works great also. Get the ones that say “garlic” or I’ll bet the sun-dried tomato kind would be good, but I don’t think I’ve tried it yet.
Pour sauce over the veggies, and add 2-3 chopped up tomatoes and the cooked, chopped chicken. Stir it all together with about a half jar of milk--shake it well to get all the sauce out of the jar. Use extra milk if you need to until it is just a nice consistency.
Let it slowly heat up to serving temperature. Tomatoes=pretty
Serve it with cooked angel hair pasta- (one pound package). Don’t stir them together. Fettuccini would probably be yummy also.
This is so delicious and so simple to make. It really only takes about 20 minutes. We love it!
If you want to serve it already on individual plates, and want it to look extra fancy, heat the sauce separate from the veggies, pour it over the noodles and then put veggies on the top, then drizzle just a little more sauce over the veggies. It gives it more color.
1 comment:
I made this last week (but I halved the recipe - we still had leftovers). It was super yummy. I used 2 chicken breasts, one yellow zucchini squash and some frozen red, yellow and green peppers. I only used one jar of alfredo and added one tomato at the end. I didn't have angel hair so used spaghetti.
This really was delish! I will definitely make it again.
Post a Comment