Ingredients
2 lbs. Country Sausage
6-8 Red Potatoes
2-3 Onions
2 Carrots
1/2 Head Green Cabbage
1/2 -3/4 c. water
1/2 c. shredded cheddar or sharp cheese
Directions
Brown Sausage, peel carrots, chop all vegetables in bite size pieces. (The smaller the pieces, the faster it cooks) Put all ingredients except cheese in a roaster pan or dutch oven. Put about 1/2 c.- 3/4 c. water in the pan and cover with lid.
Cook for 45 min. at 375 degrees. After the 45 min. (and veggies are cooked) sprinkle top (about 1/2 c.) with cheese, and put back in oven for 15 min. When you pull it out, stir the cheese throughout the vegetables, and serve.
Things I did differently: I use 1 pkg. (10 links) of Turkey Sausage Links. This way I can cut them in disks and people can easily pull them out if they don't like them. We aren't big meat eaters, and this cuts the amount of meat in the dish. But I think you really need the sausage for the flavor, and the turkey links taste pretty good to me. I do brown them first, but I buy the fully cooked kind so you don't have to if your running behind.
My Opinion
I LOVE this dish, and so does my entire family! Its so easy, and quick to prepare, and even cooks quickly too! Give it a try.
No comments:
Post a Comment