Friday, November 1, 2013

Italian Cookies

I was asked to make some cookies for a baptism tomorrow.  This is my go-to recipe for things like that.  These turn out so soft, almost like those Lofthouse cookies.

First, gather your ingredients:  Butter, sugar, flour, ricotta, salt, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs.


 Place the butter (I shredded my because it was still frozen), sugar and ricotta into a large mixing bowl.


Cream together.   Then add the remaining ingredients and mix well.


Drop by teaspoonful onto greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.  I used a cookie scoop and they came out perfect!


Bake 10-12 minutes, then allow to cool on wire rack. When cooled completely, frost and decorate!




by Tammy Sessions

2 cups sugar
2 sticks butter
1 pound ricotta cheese (or 2 cups)
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder


Cream butter, sugar and cheese.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Beat until creamy.  Add flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.  Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Allow to completely cool. Frost like sugar cookies.


No comments: