Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cinnabon Rolls



Cinnabon Rolls
From Karen Teuscher, recommended by Diane Peterson, 09/08


½ C warm water
2 pkgs. yeast (4 1/2 tsp)
2 Tbsp sugar
3 ½ oz. pkg. vanilla pudding
½ C butter, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
6 C flour
2 C brown sugar
4 tsp cinnamon

Combine water, yeast, sugar. Stir until dissolved set aside. In separate bowl
prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Add butter, eggs, salt:
mix well. Add yeast mixture and blend. Gradually add flour; knead until smooth.
Cover & let rise until doubled in size. Punch down and let rise again. Roll out
to 34 X 21" size and spread 1/2 C soft butter on dough. In bowl, mix 2 C Brown
sugar & 4 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle over top. Roll up tightly and cut every 2 inches.
Place on lightly greased cookie sheet every 2 inches apart. Cover and Let rise
until double again. Bake 350 degree for 15-20 mins.

Frosting:
6 oz cream cheese
½ C butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 C powder sugar
1 Tbsp milk

Frost warm rolls with cream cheese frosting. Makes 20 rolls


2 comments:

Sarah said...

I made these today. It is a day-long project but the house smells of fall!

Sarah said...

I forgot to mention the substitutes I used. I used sugar free pudding (because that's all I had). Also, I only used 1/2 stick of butter to pour on the dough before the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. I thought the brown sugar was a bit excessive. Next time I will only use 1 1/2 cups but I love the amount of cinnamon. For the frosting, I only had 4 oz of cream cheese again used 1/2 the amount of butter called for -- but it still turned out delicious. They are HUGE!