Thursday, September 2, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies

Oatmeal Cookies
Dianne Shepard, Champaign, Illinois

1/2 pound of butter* (2 sticks), softened
1 C firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 C uncooked oats
1 c. raisins and/or pecans (optional)

Cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add
flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir well. Stir in oats, mix
well. Drop by rounded tablespoonsuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

*I usually make triple batches. When doing so, I use proportions of
2/3 butter and 1/3 Crisco shortening. You can use one stick of butter
and 1/2 C Crisco on a single batch. Do not use margarine.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I made these this week. I really like this recipe. I don't always add raisins. In fact, Last time I added chocolate chips for 3/4 the recipe and chocolate chips AND raisins to 1/4 of the batch. Yummy!